Nova Galaxi DVR 16" x 44" Lathe
Among the most versatile lathes available, the Nova Galaxi DVR 16" x 44" lathe combines the best of larger lathes—power, capacity and capability—in a compact package with state-of-the-art technology to make turning safer, more efficient and fun.
The direct drive motor features Teknatool's unique DVR technology for incredibly smooth performance. It has no pulleys or belts to vibrate.
In addition, this lathe delivers a wide range of speeds—from 100 to 5,000 rpm—so you can turn projects including pens, bowls (up to 16") and more. It even turns larger bowls, platters and long spindles using the optional outrigger accessory.
Equipped with a self-ejecting tailstock centre and five programmable speed presets, the Galaxi DVR sets up quickly, so you can spend more time turning.
Includes DVR motor and controller, cast-iron stand, 6" (150 mm) faceplate, 12" (300 mm) toolrest, 2MT live centre, 2MT spur centre, knock-out bar, manual and hardware.
- Stationary lathe power and capacity in a compact, versatile package
- Head swivels and positions anywhere along the bed for comfort and space-saving adaptability
- Direct drive 1.75 HP DVR motor delivers smooth power and plenty of torque
- Wide speed range (100 to 5,000 rpm) for a variety of projects including pens, bowls, platters and more
- Self-ejecting tailstock centre and five programmable speed presets make set up faster and more efficient
- Intelligent Drive technology analyzes spindle position and power output to maintain speed while cutting and adjusts hundreds of times per second
- Integrated brushless motor and headstock requires less maintenance than belt-drive lathes
Motor: 1.75 hp, 110v
Speed range: 100 to 5,000 rpm
Inboard bowl turning capacity: 16" (406 mm)
Outboard bowl turning capacity: 29" (750 mm) with optional outrigger accessory
Between centres: 44" (1,117 mm)
Spindle thread: 1-1/4" - 8 TPI RH
Tailstock: 2 MT hollow, self-ejecting
Swivel head: 360 degree swivel with detents at 0°, 22°, 4° and 90°
- DVR motor and controller
- Cast-iron stand
- 6" (150 mm) faceplate
- 12" (300 mm) toolrest
- 2MT live centre
- 2MT spur centre
- Knock-out bar
- Manual and hardware
- Save up to 30%* Off everyday, online or in-store
- It's Free to Join, Save up to 30 %
- Exclusive 5-Star Advantage Plan
- Group Rewards
- Exclusive promotional emails & discounts
- Receive our monthly flyer
- Easily access your online order history
- Save multiple shipping addresses
- Request an invoice reprint for Warranty, Tax Filling or Insurance Claim purposes