This is our first look at the new Makita Grease Gun Attachment, which just arrived here today at KMS and has everyone pretty excited. The big difference between this gun and the Milwaukee M12 Grease Gun (, for example, is that Makita has mounted its gun attachment on top of a drill. The T-01797 fits nicely on top of any drill/driver due to its rubberized clamping mechanism. This means that it does not matter what type of drill it is used with – corded or battery operated, as long as the width is a minimum of 1-1/2″ and a maximum 3″. For anyone with only a few tools in the garage, it can also fit on an impact driver.
The design seems excellent for a grease gun, due to how nicely it operates with any variable speed trigger, allowing for feathering. Makita might have hit a homerun with this one, offering a powerful fully automatic grease-dispensing unit at a great price.
Here are some of the Specs from Makita:
• Fully Automatic Grease Dispensing
• Pressure Vent Protector prevents pressure overload for maximum operator safety
• 18” Hose Length
• 3 Filling Modes – 14 oz. Grease Cartridges, Bulk or Bulk Dispenser
• 4,000 PSI Recommended Working Pressure (8,000 PSI (+/- 500 PSI) Maximum Rated Pressure)
• Tool Holder accepts tools with a body diameter of 1-1/2″ – 3″
• Features 1/4″ Hex Drive Shank for quick attachment to power tool
• Can be operated with Cordless or Electric Driver-Drills, Hammer Driver Drills*, Impact Drivers and Impact Wrenches+
• Optional 12″ Grease Hose (Part No. T-01812) and 24″ Grease Hose (T-01834) available